11.07.2010

Favorites in my Kitchen

Having your own kitchen can be such an exciting thing.  We grow up in our parents kitchen and definitely feel at home, use it as we please, and know where everything is, but there is still something so special about a kitchen being your own.  For some reason though, it was so overwhelming to try and register for items for my kitchen.  There are a crazy amount of gizmos and gadgets out there that will do this and that, slice and dice, divide and separate, etc.  What do I get, what do I not get?  I ended up registering at a couple different department stores & Pampered Chef. **Side note: 2 years ago, when I was registering for my wedding, there were not too many of my friends who had gotten married.  So, I really didn't have a clue as to where to register, what to get, etc. What I guess I am trying to say is that I WISH I had actually had a Pampered Chef Bridal Shower.  I did register for PC items, but the shower is so much more fun.  I ended up returning some stuff from other stores because the quality was just not there like with PC**   I got so many amazing gifts that I use all the time.  Last week I was thinking of my favorite items to use in the kitchen, and realized that they were all Pampered Chef.  So, I decided I would show you what I use daily and why I love them so much.

**Before I begin this post, I want to let you know that I am not a Pampered Chef consultant.**
This is a "Color Coated Tomato Knife"
Out of all the knives I have, this is by far the one that is used the most.  Even though it is called a tomato knife, I definitely use it to cut way more than tomato's.   
"Quikut Pairing Knives"
Talk about your hand dandy little companions.  These are great for slicing apples,  cutting butter measurements when baking,  slicing small foods, etc.
"Deep Covered Baker"
This is probably, by far, one of the coolest things in my kitchen. (aside from my magnificent Kitchen Aid mixer, ha)
This stone baker can be used in the microwave for cooking casseroles and whole chickens in minutes!  If you are not a fan of cooking in the microwave, no problem.  It's definitely an oven item.  It cooks anything so evenly and you really can cook anything in there.  Not only is it the best for cooking, but it also looks great in the kitchen. 
"Round Stone w/ Handles"
Again, here is another piece of stone cookware.  This stone is so great because it can be used for  anything from pizza , biscuits, to cookies.  Stones really do the best job at making sure the heat is evenly distributed through whatever you are cooking/baking.  
"Bar Pan: Stoneware"
I am sure you are noticing a pattern in what I like to cook/bake with.  Like the round stone, this too can be used for deep crust pizza, and cookies.  But, this is probably a bit more versatile in the fact that you can cook anything without any sort of spill off messing up your oven.  I have made bars,  vegetables,  and even granola with this pan.  My recent use was with the Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls I made. 
"Mix N Scraper"
This is the best spatula I have ever used. How many of us have used countless amounts of spatulas where the handle and the spatula head pull apart after a few uses?  Yeah, very annoying!  This spatula will not separate like that.  It is heat resistant and dishwasher safe.  I use it all the time and will probably have it for years and years.
"Small Bamboo Spoons"
I actually received about 3 sets of these when I got married.  Let me tell you, I use these all the time, for EVERYTHING.  They are perfect for serving salsa, guacamole, stirring, etc.  I have even used them for my coffee and eating cereal.  When eating with them, it actually makes me feel like I am bak in time, it's great. haha.  I just saw that they also have mini versions of these spoons; I may have to check them out. :-)
"Large Bamboo Square Bowl"
This bowl is perfect for serving snacks at a party.  It is also great for using as a center piece with decorations or using it as a fruit bowl.  I love items that are multi purpose.
"Food Chopper"
If any of you have never used a food chopper, you are missing out.  It is definitely a must have item in my kitchen.  Onions, garlic, peppers, nuts, (ANYTHING), can be quickly chopped in this food chopper.  I use this a lot for making salsa.  It's also super easy to assemble and dishwasher safe.  

 Again, these are items that I use all the time.  Everybody has their favorites in the kitchen, these are just a few of mine.  What are some of your most used kitchen items?  I'd love to hear from you!

If anyone is interested in any of these items, I know a great Pampered Chef consultant.  (Lisa actually had no idea I was going to do this)  You may contact Lisa Grant and view more Pampered Chef items at http://www.pamperedchef.biz/lisagrant








Please Vote for The Yellow Pepper blog daily. It only takes one click!





Be sure to check out the November Giveaway.

150x150

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...