1.11.2011

Snow Days are the best Lazy Days!

At 28 (well, 2 weeks from today at least. ha), I am just as excited at the call of snow as when I was 13.  All week long, the weather channels have been predicting snow.  Well, anyone who lives in the South knows that we usually cannot rely on their predictions.  However, the past few weeks they have been pretty accurate.  On Sunday night I went to bed and was so excited that Monday had nothing scheduled and they we may get snow.  I woke up at 3:45am and looked outside.  My eyes were still very sleepy and fuzzy, so it was hard to tell if there was snow.  After a few minutes I looked out again and saw white on the neighbors roof.  EXCITEMENT AROSE!  I checked fb on my phone to see if others had started talking about snow.  I then got out of bed and checked the window to see snow falling.  What a wonderful, peaceful feeling.  I felt like Lorelei on Gilmore Girls (She can always smell the snow...and gets super excited).  I started singing softly that it was snowing while TJ continued sleeping.

A few hours later we woke up and everything was covered with fluffy white snow and it was still snowing.  I made a few "It's SNOWING" phone calls, turned on Fox News Rising, and sat on the couch with a smile on my face and in my heart.  There is something so great about being home and snowed in.  TJ and I spent most of the day laying around and watching 30 Rock.  I was also in the mood to cook something comfortable and warm.  I didn't have the right ingredients for soup, so I made chicken chili and then a side of guacamole.  We ended up snacking of a bunch of other foods throughout the day and were full when it came time for the chili, so I saved it for today.

Later on yesterday we took a walk around the neighborhood with Zoe.  We walked over to some friends neighborhood to see if any snowball action was going on, but it was an empty street.  So, we walked back to our neighborhood and noticed out neighbors were building a snow fort.  They had cardboard boxes and were packing the snow into the boxes and then made big snow blocks.  TJ got down in the snow with the kids and started packing the boxes with them.  It was great.  They got the wall 3 blocks high and about 6 or 7 blocks wide.  A lot of fun!  It was really nice interacting with our neighbors too.  

It was such a relaxing day.  Snow days don't typically come very often for us in the south, so it's wonderful when they happen.  Actually, today we are iced in now.  I walked outside to the mail box and had to hold on because it was literally a sheet of ice on top of the snow and our driveway.  

Here are a few photos from our day yesterday.  Enjoy!






Here are a few photos from our day yesterday.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...