1.14.2011

Zuppa Toscana Soup






de·lec·ta·ble/diˈlektəbəl/Adjective

1. (of food or drink) Delicious.
2. Extremely beautiful.

Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup is my favorite.  So, yesterday I attempted to make it based on some recipes I found online.  I also decided to try it in the crock pot (Why don't I use that more??).  All day long the beautiful aroma filled the house and made our mouths water.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was making Zoe's mouth water too. ha!

Anyway, as promised to a few of you who requested the recipe, here it is!  If you are like me, you like to revise recipes to your own tasting.  I am posting the recipe exactly how I made it, but I will also give you the link to what i revised it from.

Zuppa Toscana

  • 1 LB Mild Sausage
  • 4 Chicken Bouillon Cubes dissolved to 4 cups of water
  • 1 cup of water
  • 3 large potatoes (cubed)
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1/4 cup of onion
  • Whipping Cream or Heavy Cream
  • Kale
Brown the sausage.  I added some cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, & italian seasoning to the sausage as it cooked.  Begin cubing the potatoes & chopping the onion and garlic.  Combine browned sausage, potatoes, onions, garlic, water, & chicken broth to Crock Pot.  I added some more cayenne and crushed red pepper since i like that extra spice. Cook on high for 5-7 hours.  Before serving, add a tablespoon of cream & some chopped of Kale to to each bowl.





It was SOOOOO yummy.  The perfect comfort soup on a frigid evening.  I cannot wait to eat the leftovers today too.  I'm sure it may even be better!

Please share your thoughts and revisions if you make this recipe too.  I would love to hear your thoughts. :-)

All the best,
Me


Please Vote for The Yellow Pepper blog daily. It only takes one click!

2 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious! I too ask myself why I don't use the Crock pot more often since it's so convenient. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks yummy! thank your for sharing this. I will definitely try this. XD
    http://buybimatoprostonline.com/

    ReplyDelete

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...