5.30.2011

Ireland Adventures: Part 2

Giants Causeway is quite possibly one of the coolest places I have ever been.  It is a natural made wonder consisting of many columns. Every column is at different levels and form stepping stones like stairs.  Most of the columns are also hexagon shaped.  It is such an adventure to walk across these stones, climb to the highest point, and watch the waves of the ocean come crashing onto the rocks.  There are many legends of how this was created.  But, when you are standing there, it definitely feels supernatural.  We probably spend almost 2 hours walking around, taking photos, sitting and soaking it all in, and hiking.  All the students loved it!

On the same day that we explored Giants Causeway, we also went to Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge.  This suspension bridge connects the mainland to the tiny Island of Carrick.  It was a gorgeous hike leading up the the rope bridge, and then on the other side was the beauty of the ocean and greenery.  However the bridge was one of the coolest parts of this trip.  While standing in line and watching others walk across, with the rocks and water saying hello below, I had the feelings of standing in line for a roller coaster.  My heart started beating as I got closer the the stairs that led down to the rope bridge.  TJ was taking up the rear so he could get photos of everyone walking across.  When it was my turn to walk, I got really excited.  Halfway across I made sure to turn around so TJ could take my picture.  At one point I remember yelling one of the students names because they were purposely bouncing across the bridge to make it shake for everyone.  Cool but not cool at the same time. LoL.

Anyway, below are photos of both Giants Causeway and Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge.  I hope you enjoy them!
Giants Causweay
Unfortunately I was not in this photo as I had walked back to the bus to let our bus driver know we were going to be another 30-45 min. 

Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge

If you ever have a chance to visit Ireland, make sure these two wonders are on your to do list.  You will definitely not be disappointed. :-)  I also must give all this photo credit to TJ.  I cannot take credit when the photos are so amazing. lol.  

2 comments:

  1. sooo beautiful!!
    i have been to ireland with my class circa 10 years ago and we´ve also been to trim castle, the giants causeway etc. ireland is sooo bautiful! all the beautiful memorie come up now again...
    thanks for ssharing!
    love from germany,
    anna

    ReplyDelete

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...