11.02.2010

I want to start traditions.

Traditions. They are passed down from generation to generation. I have recipes, decorations, and songs that I now hold dear because they were expressed to me while growing up (most vividly are the holiday traditions). I love doing something that I know other family members and close friends are doing. It is what makes distance grow shorter and family alive in our hearts.

Lately I have been thinking about what kind of traditions (aside from the ones passed down to me) I can pass down to my kids and grandkids. I'm sure there will be things that I don't even think are traditions that will be passed down, but I want to create some too. So, today is my first day in finding something to recreate every year. At this very moment, I am baking Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls. I randomly had a craving for it the other day, so I looked up a recipe. I have tweaked it a bit to my own liking. But, the real test will be when I taste them this afternoon. Will it be all I hoped for in a Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll? Will it be worth passing it to my kids and grandkids and sharing it with others? We will soon find out. :-)

My Grandma was the "Grandmother" of traditions. What a great woman!


Please Vote for The Yellow Pepper blog daily. It only takes one click! :-)

3 comments:

  1. She was the greatest Mom ever to me! She loved the holidays and loved making things for all her family.....You have good genes, daughter. She would be so proud of you, as am I. Miss her so much during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hanna, it is so nice to meet you. I will definitely check out your blog and giveaways. I love finding new blogs and getting ideas. Looking forward to reading your blog. ~All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebekah-
    I love what you've done with your blog! It looks do good. I loved reading about the story of you and TJ starting to date. It's crazy going down memory lane-I love it.

    ReplyDelete

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...