4.07.2012

Garden Girl

I was so excited to see that our cilantro plants from last year reseeded and sprouted new cilantro plants.  They actually grew throughout the winter months and got HUGE.  Today I finally went outside, pruned it back, and harvested a TON of cilantro.  My Easter gift to friends and family will be cilantro. Ha!  I also cut some lavender to decorate our counters in the house. The purple blooms are so beautiful right now!

TJ let me have this broken "First Act" drum head to use as a planter.  I think it will be so cool to have pretty flowers blooming in this.  But, until then, it worked great to hold my cilantro. :-)

DIY Water Can
Recently I saw a great thing on Pinterest (I know, hard to believe. lol).  It was a recycled watering can from a milk jug.  Well, I decided to try it using a Polar Seltzer water bottle.  I figured this size would be perfect to water my flowers on the front porch.  I nailed quite a few hold into the bottle top and voila!, a watering bottle.  What makes it even better is that we use rain water to water our plants! 
So cool, huh?

This is my favorite time of year.  The warmth of the sun on my face, everything blooming and becoming beautiful, and feeling the breeze in the air.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...