First off, let me tell you how I made these yummy fresh strawberry milkshakes (not that it's super complicated, ha!) I found the recipe from Emeril Lagasse on foodnetwork.com. I didn't use the exact measurements that Emeril used, but rather just eyeballed the measurements.
- Slice strawberries and add sugar and vanilla extract to a bowl and let sit for at least 20 minutes. This gets the strawberries nice and flavorful. I cut up about half a carton of strawberries, added 2 heaping spoonfuls of sugar, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Add vanilla icecream to blender. I just added what I thought would be enough for TJ and I.
- Pour milk into blender. Again, I just eyeballed it.
- Add strawberry mixture to the blender
- BLEND BABY BLEND
- Blend until you reach the consistency you like. You may need to add more ice-cream or milk if its too thick or liquidy.
Mmmmm, it was delicious! I've only ever made chocolate milkshakes (which I absolutely LOVE).
Zoe slept on the couch all night. :-)
Blurry. But, it was yummy coffee.
Oh, and here are some cute shirts I got yesterday at Old Navy for $5 a piece. Gotta love a good deal and fun summer shirts! And....I made some cutoffs shorts this morning from a pair of jeans I never wore. :-)
Have a wonderful Easter weekend everyone!