4.07.2012

Strawberry Milkshakes and Camping

For a couple months now, I have talked about wanting to set up a tent in the living room, watch movies, and eat snacks.  Yesterday, when I got home from errands, I noticed that TJ had the tent all set up. I got so excited.  I already planned on surprising TJ with homemade strawberry milkshakes too.  This weekend is actually one of our last "free" weekend before we dive into a busy Spring/Summer.  So, staying in and watching movies in a tent, with milkshakes & popcorn, was the perfect way to spend our Friday night.

First off, let me tell you how I made these yummy fresh strawberry milkshakes (not that it's super complicated, ha!)  I found the recipe from Emeril Lagasse on foodnetwork.com.   I didn't use the exact measurements that Emeril used, but rather just eyeballed the measurements.

  • Slice strawberries and add sugar and vanilla extract to a bowl and let sit for at least 20 minutes.  This gets the strawberries nice and flavorful.  I cut up about half a carton of strawberries, added 2 heaping spoonfuls of sugar, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
  • Add vanilla icecream to blender.  I just added what I thought would be enough for TJ and I. 
  • Pour milk into blender.  Again, I just eyeballed it.
  • Add strawberry mixture to the blender
  • BLEND BABY BLEND
  • Blend until you reach the consistency you like.  You may need to add more ice-cream or milk if its too thick or liquidy.
Mmmmm, it was delicious!  I've only ever made chocolate milkshakes (which I absolutely LOVE).  

Zoe slept on the couch all night. :-)
 Blurry.  But, it was yummy coffee.

Oh, and here are some cute shirts I got yesterday at Old Navy for $5 a piece.  Gotta love a good deal and fun summer shirts! And....I made some cutoffs shorts this morning from a pair of jeans I never wore.  :-)



Have a wonderful Easter weekend everyone!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...